Sunday 18 October 2015

Hamsa ~ Inspired by nature

Hamsa ~ Peace, inspired by nature

I recently discovered 100Mandalas and I have to say, I'm addicted to mandala making.
Participants were invited to submit a Hamsa design for 
100 Mandalas Coloring Book Volume 2.

The brief

Working with the Hamsa symbol, this coloring book will reflect that desire we all have for more peace, love, and happiness. The Hamsa is a familiar symbol of the open palm that traditionally represents protection and blessings. Since the symbol of the hand is shared among many faiths including Jewish, Muslim, and Christians, the Hamsa has become a symbol of peace in the Middle East. I'd say the Hamsa is the perfect symbol for this coloring book peace project. Don't you?

What on earth is the Hamsa symbol?

The hamsa is a familiar symbol of the open palm that traditionally represents protection when the fingers are pointing upward and as a symbol of blessings when the palm is open and the fingers are pointing downward. Since the symbol of the hand is shared among many faiths including Jewish, Muslim, and Christians, the hamsa has become a symbol of peace in the Middle East.

The colouring craze is in full swing, that's for sure. You can join in when you
subscribe to 100Mandalas​ and download the free Hamsa colour book here.
My design is on page 37 and was inspired by the peace I feel in nature.


No comments:

DIY – Animal Lover's Happiness Jar

I do love Liz Gilbert. I love her honesty and the down to earth vibe she exudes. I also thi...