Sunday 29 March 2009

Arabian Stallion

Raseeq el Azeem... a South African bred stallion carries the Supreme Champion title.
I've wanted to capture the stunning detail of the Arabian for ages... I loved the photo, which was the reference for this portrait, since I first laid eyes on it in 2006. Permission to use it was kindly granted by photographer Johann Theron.

This portrait illustrates the importance of a good photograph to draw from. The fine detail and subtle shadows add to the realism of the portrait. A well-lit subject on a black background adds to the drama.

2 comments:

artbykarieann said...

simply stunning

Karen Anderson said...

Your talent is amazing...you are truly gifted Colleen

DIY – Animal Lover's Happiness Jar

I do love Liz Gilbert. I love her honesty and the down to earth vibe she exudes. I also thi...